Orange Peel Tea | A Nutrient Powerhouse
Don't throw away your orange peels!
Did you know orange peels contain a potent dose of healing flavonoids hesperidin & naringenin, a diverse group of phytonutrients that offer a myriad of health benefits.
They also contain an abundance of vitamins and minerals! And the food industry categorizes orange peels as food waste! What!!
The benefits of orange peels go beyond this list.
- Helps heal chronic health conditions
- Improves digestion
- Healthy bowel movements
- Positive effect on certain cancers like melanoma and lung cancers
- Helps prevent kidney stones
- Promotes HEALTHY SKIN & HAIR
- Blood sugar regulation + positive effects on diabetes
- Helps stop the growth of endotoxin
- Helps gum disease and dental health
- + so much more!
Nutrition in Orange Peels
- Minerals: copper, calcium, zinc, phosphors, magnesium, potassium.
- 3x vitamin C as the fruit
- Vitamin A
I always tell people that clean eating is not enough. Obviously it's an important change we should all make but I believe the true power of food and how it heals our body and keeps us resilient comes from the nutrients in our food.
And that's where the focus should be. Nutrient dense foods. Focus on the nutrition that's in the food you eat on top cleaning up the quality of your food.
One of my favorite foods for a nutrition powerhouse super punch is Orange Peels!
Dr. Ray Peat introduced me to the magic of orange peels years ago and it has been a staple in my diet ever since. Dr. Peat talks about the numerous benefits of orange marmalade which contains the peels of oranges to make a delicious jam.
I also love to get my orange peels in through drinking tea. The hot water extracts all the beautiful nutrients into a delicious elixir of lovely citrus tea.
Here are 4 ways I love to enjoy Orange Peel Tea + some other delicious ways to eat them.
**Always use organic orange peels**
Orange Peel Tea
- 1-2 tablespoons of dehydrated orange peels or 1/4 fresh orange peels
- Add to a tea mug and fill with boiling water and steep a few minutes
- Add fresh ginger
- Add a cinnamon stick
- Add a fruity tea bag for added flavor
Fun ways to eat orange peels
- Zest for cooking
- Candied orange peels
- Orange peels covered in chocolate